Hello All!! How are we this fine first of August. Please someone send help cause I’m going to faint that it’s the damn first of August already! Jeez. As if time actually gets faster the older you get! I’m not prepared for it to be the 8th month, I’m like (not-so) lowkey freaking out that the end of the year is fast approaching while it still feels like it should be like April.
But moving on…! I haven’t been as much of a ghost this past month as I’ve been for like 80% of this year, but saying that isn’t actually saying much because I only posted like 4 times this month. I know, that’s pretty damn bad but I’m honestly trying to motivate myself again! I’ll happen I swear! (It’ll probs be December by the time I get out of this blogging slump but never late then never after all haha!) But I do have something to beg your forgiveness over… I barely answered any comments this month! And I always think that is so rude when people don’t answer comments! ARGH! I’m annoyed at myself! Please forgive my ungrateful self and know that come this month you wont be able to get ride of me I’m going to be blowing up everyone’s posts!
NOW ON TO THE MAIN EVENT!!
The books I’ve read the last two months…. *drum roll*
You may be like oh I haven’t seen any of your reviews for these books and that my dare friends would be because I haven’t been writing reviews! I actually have a list on my phone of all the books I have to go back and write reviews for and it’s like 15+ books long. Actually going to take like 2 years. Plus I bet when I sit down to write them I’m going to have forgotten everything I wanted to say about them.
- Inferno (Blood for Blood #2) by Catherine Doyle – You can read my review here! I was super surprised by how much I enjoyed this book! It was such a blast to read! Can’t wait to continue this series! (4.5 stars)
- The Bone Season & The Mime Order (The Bone Season #1 & #2) by Samantha Young – I loved these books such a fantastic and interesting fantasy world. The first book literally blew me away, the sequel not so much but I do have the highest hopes for the rest of the series! Bring on March 2017! (4.5 stars & 4 stars)
- The Jewel & The White Rose (The Lone City #1 & #2) by Amy Ewing – I am fully aware of all the things in these books that make them kind of cringe worthy but for some reason while reading these books I have not one problem over looking the issues and have so much fun reading them! I love the romance and the constant adventure. I’m really excited to read the concluding book next year! (4 stars & 3.5 stars)
- Clockwork Prince & Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #2 & #3) by Cassandra Clare – It feels like it’s been so long since I read these books! I remember really loving Clockwork Prince, I thought the romance was on point, and the drama and intrigue was so exciting. I also remember finding the ending to Clockwork Princess, which was of course the ending to the entire series kind of very disappointing. It felt like a huge cope out, like Cassandra just didn’t want to piss off half of the Infernal Devices fandom so she made sure that everyone gets a happily ever after. (4 stars & 3.5 stars)
- The Winner’s Curse, The Winner’s Crime & The Winner’s Kiss (The Winners Trilogy #1, #2, & #3) by Marie Rutkoski – You can read my raving review about this series here! For the first time in ages I gave a book 5 stars! The Winner’s Curse is by far the best book in this series but that doesn’t meant the other two are bad, they just had a lot to live up to and unfortunately they didn’t quiet make it (at least in my eyes!) I love Arin and Kestrel, I loved the world, I loved the war and politics! Basically it was one big love fest for me when it came to these books! (5 stars, 4 stars, 3.5 stars)
You can read my full list of my 2016 reading and blogging goals here!
- Read 125 books: 49/125 books | 39% –23 books behind schedule. So let’s all quietly morn the fact that there is no way I’m making my goal this year 😦
- Read 50, 000 pages: 4,368 pages these last two months | 17,870 this year – Unless I get my stakes on this goal is also another one I’m never going to reach 😦
- Read A Classic a Month (12): 0/12 – I don’t know why I even bother to include this stat anymore. Seven months of the year are over with and I haven’t even tried to read 1 classic! (The shame!)
- Read 10 2016 Debut Novels: 0 this month | 2/10 this year – I really need to start reading more debuts! How am I going to find my next fav author if I dont venture out more! If you have suggestions, let me know!
- July TBR: I didn’t have a TBR this month, my TBR was just to read books for once haha!