Ask me how many books I’ve read this month? Oh yep, you’d be right 4 and a novella! FOUR! What is wrong with me??? And two or those four books where re-reads! I shall hang my head in shame! I feel like lately I’ve been drowning in a bunch of 3 star reads! I need something truly amazing to pull me out of this funk and I’m hoping next month provides that!
- Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi – I feel like this was suppose to be the novella that made me fall in love with Warner, but unfortunately it didn’t happen! I’m still holding out hope for the rest of the series though!
- The Novice (Summoner #1) by Taran Matharu – I enjoyed it, although it really wasn’t anything to special or wowing! It did have an awesome dragon-cat pet which made me super happy though!
- These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks #1) by Tarun Shanker & Kelly Zekas – Was promised X-Men cross with Jane Austin and was really disappointed. It does have a lot of potential to be an awesome series though, so maybe I’ll stick with it.
- Written In Red (The Others #1) and Murder of Crows (The Others #2) by Anne Bishop – If you haven’t worked it out yet, The Other’s is one of my favourite series and I flail about Simon and Meg till the day I die but because of this stupid reading slump I’ve been in I didn’t have the usual fangirl experience while re-reading these books! I hope the feeling comes back when I read Vision in Silver and finally Marked in Flesh!
After having a great time writing discussion posts last month, I continued with writting more this month! I’m really liking this shift from mostly book reviews into book discussions! My stats are dwindling fast, so it appears I’m alone in this but I’ve decided I’m okay with that, I write on this blog for me after all!!
- The Most Heartbreaking Way Authors Murder our Darlings (And a Poll!). I talked about all the ways authors kill our favourite characters and then got everyone to vote on the way they found the most heartbreaking. You can see the results of the poll over on the post!
- I wrote about 20 Thoughts That Go Through Your Head During A Reading Slump. Ihad a lot of fun finding gifs for this!!
- I voiced my opinion on Why We Should Be Able To Say Whatever We Want In Book Reviews, which people also had very strong opinions on! I loved what everyone had to say on this post! A whole spectrum of opinions!
- I wrote a post flailing about Book Enthral’s New Face Lift! I’m still excited!!
- And finally I talked about the endless books I brought in my Someone-Needs-To-Ban-Me-From-Internet-Shopping Book Haul! Seriously, it’s bad
You can read my full list of my 2016 reading and blogging goals here!
- Read 125 books: 22/125 books | 18% – 8 books behind schedule. This is a fun game we’re playing in which every month I fall slowly more and more behind before I drown under the anxiety of not finishing my Goodreads Reading Challenge!
- Read 50, 000 pages: 1,589 pages this month | 7,683 this year
- Read A Classic a Month (12): 0/12 – shit Amy! Just read a damn classic already!!! This is another fun game of mine, in which I fail literally the only reading challenge I set for myself in 2016! HA HA HA
- Read 10 Debut Novels: 2 this month / 2/10 this year!
- March TBR: 3/7 Omg Amy! shit nice try.
So that was my pitiful month! Next month shall be better!! How did everyone else do? I wanna hear about all the amazing or not so amazing books you read this month! Let me know below 🙂