If you follow my blog on a regurlar basis you are probably aware of my favourite books. I do rave about them every chance I get! But there are quite a number of books I really really loved but don’t really talk about as much, good thing this weeks TTT is celebrating the books we love but don’t talk about enough!
- Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima (average goodreads rating of 4.21)- This series is incredible!! And yes they are celebrated a lot over here on Book Enthral, when the opportunity arises itself but I feel like for the most part these books are pretty underrated. Not a lot of bloggers talk about these books and that my internet friends is a real shame! If you love high fantasy, set in large intricate worlds with complex fantastic characters and an amazing ship, then this series is calling your new!
- Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa (average goodreads rating of 3.78) – This book made my heart hurt!! It’s like the most amazing mix of LBGQTI+ and contemporary! If you like your contemporary characters emotionally raw, a little bit effed up and a whole heap of original this book is for you!
- A Long Long Sleep (UniCorp #1) by Anna Sheehan (average goodreads rating of 3.84) – a futuristic retelling of Sleeping Beauty. This book mixes long dead love interests, new budding romances and a complex intricate world to make this addicting read.
- The One Thing by Marci Lyn Curtis (average goodreads rating of 4.17) – This BOOK IS FLIPPING AMAZING! How there are people out there who haven’t yet read this book I pity you!! It’s about a girl who’s only been blind for six months who meet’s this young boy who strangely she can see, through in the fact the young boys older brother happens to play for her all time favourite band and you have me so effing hooked! If you love additive contemporary with a hint of magic realism GO PICK THIS BOOK UP RIGHT NOW! (I’m oh so impatient for Marci to announce she’s bringing out a second book!!)
- Reawakened (Reawakened #1) by Colleen Houck (average rating of 3.88) – I remember after I finished this book I didn’t even know what to do with myself! I LOVED this book!! If you love Egyptian mythology mixed with sexy guys and adventure go pick this book up!!
- Made You Up by Francessa Zappia (average goodreads rating of 4.11) – Yes I know this isn’t really an underrated book but I don’t express my love for it nearly as much as I should! I LOVED THIS BOOK!! I was one of my top 5 favourite books from last year and it has definitely become an all time favourite! I feel like this should be one of those books that literally everyone in the book world should read because it’s that brilliant and beyond deserves all the praise it receives! If you love wacky contemporary characters, mental illness and heart spasming romance this book is calling your name mate!
- Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road #1) by Katie McGarry (average goodreads rating of 3.99) I feel like no one was more surprised then me by how much I loved this book! It just came at the right time into my life and I loved every moment of it! If your a contemporary lover and you’re in the mood for some amazing motorcycle romance pick up this book!!
- Paperweight by Meg Haston (average goodreads rating of 3.83) – A beautiful story about surviving eating disorder. This book is gut wrenching but I loved every second of it!
So it actually surprised me so much, how many contemporaries are on this list! Guess I need to start raving about my fav contemporaries more often!!