So the start of the new year is off to a bang and reading wise I think I’m doing pretty damn well!! I am already starting to regret setting my Goodreads Reading Challenge at 125 books tho! I’m only just on track already and this is while I’m on holidays and there’s no uni. I can imagine when I’m stressing about having four assignments due in 3 days and exams coming up I’m going to fall way way behind on my Challenge!
On other news I joined Bookstagram this month!! Me and my friend Allie are running the account together! I’m going to try to really see what I can really do with it this month – like, actually attempt to take some pretty pics on a regular occurrence! You all should definitely give us a follow!!!
And finally the last news I have is that I pretty much completely failed at Backl15t Blizt! I’M SO DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF! For those who have missed my sporadic updates
The Backl15t Blitz read-a-thon is organised by Prima @ Panda Hearts Books and Amy @ Book Enthral it is a 10 day low pressure read-a-thon running from Thursday, January 21st to Sunday, January 31st in whatever timezone you are in. The goal is to read as many books you own, that were published in 2015, as you can in 10 days!
I set myself 3 goals for the readathon
- To read a minimum of 7 books! – Some of those books are reasonably short!! I can totally do 7 books in 10 days!
- Read a minimum of 2500 pages!! – That sounds like SOO MUCH to me! But really that’s just like 6ish 350 books!!
- Post a progress post everyday! – totally doable, totally going to happen!
and did I complete any of them??? NOPE.
- 3 books.
- 1267 pages
- and certainly didn’t post a progress update daily, in fact I only posted 4 progress updates.
NOW UNTO THE BOOKS
I managed to read a grand total of 10 books this month!!! Not my best ever ***stars intensely at August 2015 – and questions how I read 17 books in 31 days?*** but so much better then last month!!
- Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes #1) by Sara Raasch – LIKE YES! I SHALL NOW GO WAVE THIS BOOK IN EVERYONE’S FACE AND INSIST THAT YOU ALL READ IT!
- The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey – SO. DAMN. GOOD! –
- Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa – I NEED EVERYONE TO GO READ THIS RIGHT NOW! IT WAS AMAZING!!
- The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and The Gods of Asgard #1) by Rick Riordan – so many funnies!!
- Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith – Falls madly in love with world and writing, cries when finds out it is a standalone.
- Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Taherah Mafi – I was expecting a lot from this book because of the hype, and unfortunately I don’t think it delivered. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series tho!!
- In Real Life by Jessica Love – was an eARC I got the chance to read and although it was cute it just wasn’t for me
- The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness – Ahhh…*mumbles* don’tkillmebutIdidn’tlikeit
- The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick – Such a lovely romance. Just a little heavy on the angst.
- The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2) by Rick Yancey – Wow, that was disappointing.
You can read my full list of 2016 reading & blogging goals here!
- Read 125 books: 10/125 books | 8%
- Read 50, 000 pages: 3,928 pages this month | 3, 928 this year
- Read A Classic a Month (12): 0/12
- Read 10 Debut Novels: 0/10
- Get Physical TBR Below 30 books: 66ish/30 (LOL! First month in and it’s already gone up – not a good sign!!)