5 stars – It was mind-blowingly awesome!!!! Holly crap!! It was PERFECTION Everyone should read it as soon as they can!
Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can’t pull it off alone…
A convict with a thirst for revenge.
A sharpshooter who can’t walk away from a wager.
A runaway with a privileged past.
A spy known as the Wraith.
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.
Kaz’s crew are the only ones who might stand between the world and destruction—if they don’t kill each other first.
This book. THIS BOOK!! Okay my fangirling feels can’t handle this book!!
I read the first two Grisha books earlier this year, and although liked them I never really saw what the big fuss was about, but if peoples first experience with the Grisha books was like my experience with Six of Crows, I take back any doubt I had in that series! BECAUSE I LOVED THIS FLIPPING BOOK! I honestly cannot find fault in this book! I was actually so upset when I finished it! I didn’t want it to be over! Definitely in my top 10 favourite books from this year!!!!
I think one of the first things that flipped on my fangirling feels for this book was that it kept reminding me of Throne of Glass, which if you know anything about me is my All Time Favourite series! I don’t know if it was the world building, or all the complex characters, but I picked up on that vibe and I LOVED IT!
The world building in this book is fantastic! If you’ve read the Grisha series, you’ll be used to the awesome world building in Leigh’s books, but something about Ketterdam just felt so amazing! It’s gritty and dirty, and the people in it are sleazy and sly, I just couldn’t get enough! Even the Ice Court, had a sense of being a real place! I could picture it in all its white and intimidating glory. The world building is seriously top notch and I loved it!
All the characters are so complex and flushed out! I thought this was meant to be a book about Kaz and everyone else were side characters but it felt like this book had four main characters and I think that in the Six of Crows sequel Crooked Kingdom, the last two characters will also started to feel like main characters are well! I had read in reviews before star that everyone got extensive coverage of their pasts, and was kind of nervous about if I’d find this element of the book boring, but it was honestly one of my favourite parts of the book!!! I’m kind of cruel in which I love reading about all the tutored stuff my favourite characters have to go through, and we got that in spade by reading their back stories! Now a brief sentence about the characters:
- Kaz – is the mastermind behind the whole operation! He’s the head of the gang the Dregs, has a limp and is basically a cold bastard. But there’s just something about his that’s really intriguing!
- Inej – She’s Kaz’s Wraith, the Ghost, the Spider!! She’s the best at going undetected and learning everyone’s deep dark secrets. But she’s actually such a sweet heart and so loving and caring!
- Nina – is a Grisha! She’s sassy, and witty and just pretty damn AMAZING! Plus the way she loves Matthias makes me soooo happy!
- Matthias – HAS BEEN INCORPORATED INTO MY BOOK BOYFRIEND LIST! HE IS AMAZING!! LIKE I JUST DIE INTO A PUDDLE ON THE GROUND BECAUSE I LOVE HIM! HE’S SO LOYAL TO HIS COUNTRY BUT WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR NINA! HE’S THE SILENT BUT CARING TYPE AND I JUST CAN’T!
- Jesper – is such a smart ass and I was loving it! He always has a quick line to through into a situation to lighten the mood and it’s fantastic! I also loved how once he started to have feelings for Wylan he got all jealous and AJSHDAK ITS SO CUTE!
- Wylan – Wylan unfortunately feels like a bit of a filler character. Maybe that’s because he doesn’t get his own chapters like everyone else, but he definitely just felt like another character chucked in. I’m thinking that in the next book he’ll start to get his own chapters and start to feel like a main character like the others!
There are so many ships in this book and I was loving it!!!! I just want everyone all loved up and making kissy faces at each other!!!!!!
Overall, this book blew my fangirl feelings straight out the window. I loved every second of it! And I need the sequel like I need water!
Add me on Goodreads 🙂