5 stars – It was mind-blowingly awesome!!!! Holly crap!! It was PERFECTION Everyone should read it as soon as they can!
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.
Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.
**This review will probably be a bit spoilery**
WHAT. A. BOOK!
You actual don’t understand how happy that ending made me! I was like smiling for ages after finishing it! It was the perfect series concluding book! Instead of feeling like it’s missing something, like I usually am at the end of series, I feel like all past storylines where tide up and present ones had been identified we know the fictional course of action to rectify them! I’m happy with how all the characters finished, and all their relationships ASLKFDJL I’m just happy! Winter was by far my favourite in the series, I honestly don’t have anything to fault it over! I just loved it!!
One thing we all love about The Lunar Chronicles is that they provide All The Feels, and Winter was no disappointment! This book is just feels central coming from every single angel. All the couples are so loved up and adorable. Their friendship as a whole group is fantastic, I love how they’re like a family! You’re beyond nervous and anxious at times and then chuckling along with something Thorne said the next. Trust me, All The Feels.
I love multiple POV books and this book delivers in spades! There’s a whopping 8 POVs in Winter and they all felt as real and flushed out as if there was only one! Here’s a quick summary of how I felt about all the characters:
- Cinder – reading her endless determination is so exciting! I loved her journey to becoming Queen.
- Kia – Spends most of the book making personal sacrifices and being the amazing selfless prince we’ve come to know. Him and Cinder are so relationshipy in this book, I love it!
- Scarlet – Scarlet is her usual, no nonsense, kick ass self AKA amazing!
- Wolf – Wolf literally makes me die. I crush on him so hard!! I swear him and Scarlet go through more horrible shit than anybody else and again they prevail.
- Cress – I love reading Cress get more and more brave! She plays sure an important role in the rebellions success
- Thorne – You see a totally different side of Thorne in Winter instead of just his usual self-assured (read: cocky) self, he’s all bumbley and nervous around Cress and my heart was melting!
- Winter – she’s such a sweet heart!! Seriously! She’s so good hearted and lovely. Even her occasional bouts of delusions had a charming quality!
- Jacin – okay Jacin and wolf are battling it out for my fav love interest. Jacin has the whole sexy, protective guard thing going on and I LOVE HIM
- Iko – I swear behind ever victorious scene Iko’s the true hero of the day. Always sacrificing herself for the good of the others.
- Levana – I feel like I should have definitely read Fairest before Winter because a lot of stuff about Levana’s past is hinted at in Winter. I still seriously hated her but I was starting to almost feel sorry towards her.
I’ve heard a couple of people say that they think Winter could have been a couple of hundred pages shorter but I really think that it is the proper length, for how detailed and layered this story is. With so many POVs and everyone doing something different this book needed to be so long and detailed otherwise it would have felt like we were missing vital parts of the story.
Overall, this book is perfection and definitely one of my year favourites! I’m so glad I finally started to rea this series! I still have Fairest to read but I don’t really think I’m in any rush to get to it! I may wait until I’m in a really Lunar-y mood to pick it up! If you still haven’t started this series either, I suggest you get all the books and just binge read! You won’t regret it!!
Add me on Goodreads