I love unpopular opinions post!! I love seeing how different everyone’s views are! Just before I start I wanna foreword this by saying that this is my opinion please don’t throw rocks at me if you love a book I don’t, or if I love a book you hate.
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
Half Bad, I REALLY DO NOT LIKE HALF BAD. I can’t really put my finger on what about the book I don’t like, but it just rubs me the wrong way.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
Reawaken, okay say whatever you want about this book but I LOVED IT! I for the life of me don’t understand why everyone has a problem with the main character being white. I don’t want to piss anyone off but seriously! You can pick on the personality traits of the main character all you want but WHAT DOES IT MATTER THAT’S SHE’S WHITE!!
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I’m so bad at this, I almost ALWAYS follow canon! But I have one WHY THE FUCK DIDN’T TIGER LILY AND PETER PAN END UP TOGETHER. STUPID IDIOT WENDY RUINS EVERYTHING.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Take your pick, I am so predictable when it comes to my reading I almost always go for YA fantasy or contemporary. I guess, contemporary romance. I’m kind of not to interested in the liner storyline in most contemporary romances. EXCEPT RAINBOW ROWELL!!! RAINBOW IS THE EXCEPTION TO EVER RULE.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Do you know who I HATE. Rhiannon, from Every Day by David Levithan! I honestly for the life of me don’t understand why people love her!!! SHE IS NOWHERE GOOD ENOUGH FOR A!!!
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Colleen Hoover. Here’s the thing, I am always willing to try!!! I’ll never write off a book of hers purely because she’s the author. AND tbh I haven’t even read that many of her books (I did really enjoy Ugly Love). Its just that for the most part her books are all kind of meh to me. YES they’re romantic, YES they’re easy to read, but there just not really my thing.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Omg, okay gotta get my rant pants on!! I’m not sure if this counts as a popular trope but I AM SO FLIPPING SICK OF TEEN PREGNANCY! Someone needs to tell authors of contemporary books set in a high school that teens can have sex without getting pregnant!!! I am so over the Oops-Surprise!-We-had-sex-once-and-look-at-that-we-didn’t-use-protection-and-now-golly-gee-we’re-pregnant! Can we please start having characters who are on the pill?? That have the rod?? THAT BLOODY KNOW HOW TO PUT A CONDOM ON??? Teen pregnancy in books annoys the crap out of me.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
*whispers because she doesn’t want to be booed* The Mortal Instruments series. I’m thinking about reading the Infernal Devices series but I really can’t be bothered with all the melodrama I’m sure that series contains.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
OUTLANDER! The show is asdljksdf!!!! BLOODY PERFECT! The book however is 900 pages! 550 of which are unnecessary. Don’t get me wrong the book is great, it just draaaaaggggggggssss.