I actually don’t have that many books I’m excited for this month – good news for my wallet! And I have some of this books preordered!! But serisouly Illuminae comes out this month!!!!! CANT WAIT!!
1st of October
- The Ordinary Life by Jennifer Walkup – A girl who’s life and her family’s life is centred around her brothers life threatening illness – YES SIGN ME UP. Plus that cover *heavy breathing*
6th of October
- Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith – The first line of the goodreads synopsis is “A high-concept, fantastical espionage novel set in a world where dreams are the ultimate form of political intelligence” like YES that’s all I need to know! I’m in!
- Carry On Rainbow Rowell – This is Rainbow’s book about based on the Fan Fiction book a fictional character wrote about a fictional book series, in a fictional book Rainbow wrote. Hahaha!!! YES!! I am so excited about this. It’s not a companion novel to Fangirl per se but it’s probably the closest Rainbow Rowell has come to writing a sequel to one of her novels. This book follows Simon and Baz as they battle evil and kick ass (and fall in love just as Cath always wanted). I CAN’T WAIT! I love Rainbow’s books she is amazing!
- The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1) by Rick Riordan – Magnus finds out he is the son of a Norse God and has to search the Nine Worlds for a weapon which will stop the end of the world. YAY! I loved The Percy Jackson books and I think The Sword of Summer may be a bit like that! Even if it’s not Rick Riordan is an amazing storyteller and knowledge about mythology is incredible.
- Through the Dark (The Darkest Minds #1.5, #2.5, #3.5) by Alexandra Bracken – The collection of novellas throughout the The Darkest Minds trilogy. I own the kindle versions and have read In Time and Sparks Rise but I’m waiting for this book to read Beyond the Night, plus I want to own the physical book.
13th of October
- First & Then by Emma Mills – Davon is happy living her quiet life but once her cousin and the new boy Ezra come into her life her life is turned upside down. I’m going to be honest I wanted to own this book because I loved the cover but once I heard it compared to a mix of Friday Night Lights and Pride and Prejudice I was pretty keen!!
- No True Echo by Gareth P. Jones – About a boy who gets wrapped up in a time traveling agency. I love a good time traveling novel and this one sounds particularly interesting. Plus the cover (I’m just a sucker for a good cover).
- Black Widow: Forever Red by Margaret Stohl – As if I wouldn’t be interested in reading a book about the BLACK WIDOW!! YAS!
20th of October
- Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff – The year is 2597 and two rival megacorporations are at war of a tiny little planet, two bad for the people actually living there. A deadly plague breaks out and the only person who can help Kady hack into the government and find out a way to stop it is her ex-boyfriend Ezra. The hype monster is alive and growing with this book and I gotta say I’m pretty excited to see if it lives up to the praise. Plus it sounds pretty awesome!
27th of October
- What We Left Behind by Robin Talley – About a couple who try to stay together as they each go to separate collages. Toni identifies as genderqueer and makes quick friends with a group of transgender upperclassmen, while Gretchen starts to worry where she fits in in Toni’s new life. This sounds so amazing! I’ve never read a book with someone who identifies as genderqueer and I’m excited to read about it.