With all the books that are coming out in September that I’m excited about it might as well be Christmas!! I have sworn that I’m not going to be buying any books this months, apart from the ones which are already preordered. But coming October 1st I’m going on a book buying spree haha!
1st – Can I just say I have never been as excited for a date as I am with the 1st of September
- Firewalker (The Worldwalker Trilogy #2) by Josephine Angelini – In the sequel to Trial By Fire Lily and Rowen are back in Lily’s universe and trying to build a life together but Lillian will do everything in her power to bring them back even if that means hurting the ones their closest to. Oh. My. God. YES! I have been waiting so fucking long!!!!!!! I have been so jealous of all the ARC everyone’s been reading! I am so glad it comes out on the first 🙂 🙂 🙂
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – About a girl who is literally allergic to the outside world, she spends all her time isolated inside. One day a hot new neighbor moves in next door and her life is about to get a bit more interesting. I have been so excited for Everything, Everything since I heard about it like 3491376 months ago. I can’t wait to read about her being allergic to everything it’s going to be so interesting.
- Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Mass – In the fourth installment of The Throne of Glass series Celaena is heading back Adarlan to save everyone she loves! – OH HELL YES IT’S BACK BITCHES! I honestly don’t think I’ve been anticipating a book as much as I’ve been anticipating Queen of Shadows. Things I already know about it 1) It’s going to blow my mind. 2) It’s going to be a 5 star read 3) Chaol and Dorian and (hopefully) Rowan ALL IN THE SAME BOOK 4) Celaena is going to be kick ass and amazing as usual but this time with POWERS.
- Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesobian – about a boy coming to term with being bisexual and dating both a girl and a guy at the same time. I think this is going to be amazing!!! I can’t wait.
- Are You Still There by Sarah Lynn Scheerger – a thriller about a girl who is some how connected to a school bomber who’s still at large. This book sounds so suspenseful! I reckon it’s going to be so creepy and I can’t wait!
- Queen Song (Red Queen #0.5) by Victoria Aveyard – This is the prequel to Red Queen, about the secret diary Queen Coriane keeps!! You know that thing has to be juicy as all hell!! I can’t wait 🙂
- The 52-Hertz Whale by Natalie Tilghman and Bill Sommers – About a teen with Asperger’s who befriends a sitcom crew employee online and told through emails. So that was a shocking explaination, but I don’t know how to explain it! Maggie Stiefvater wrote a review on it and I was sold!
- The Secret Fire (The Secret Fire #1) by C. J. Daugherty and Carina Rozenfels – about Sasah, an immortal teen who’s death will bring havoc down on the world and Taylor, a normal girl who can control electricity with her mind and is Sasha’s only chance. <– I did a really bad job of explaining that but I swear it sounds so, so good!!!
- The Next Together by Lauren James – about a couple who are destined to fall in love and change the world in each of their lives only to be tragically separated again, and again. I AM SO EXCITED! This book sounds so tortured and I love it! I also love how the cover looks like individual books spines, like we’re going to get to read this couples different tragic love stories.
- The One Thing by Marci Lyn Curtis – After losing her sight six months ago Maggie has been on an rebellious streak. Then one day her life is turned upside down and she can see again – but only one person, a young boy named Ben. Ben has his own problems and Maggie starts to realise that maybe losing your sight isn’t the most horrible thing that can happen to you. Plus Ben has an older brother, Mason, who’s the lead singer of Maggie’s favourite band. I heard about this book back in June and have been waiting oh so (im)patiently for it’s release. It’s going to be so GOOOD!!
- Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa – this is about a girl getting over her depression, her gay best friend and the boy who’s in love with them both. I CAN NOT WAIT! I’m so glad this comes out on the 8th! YAY
- One by Sarah Crossan – about conjoined twins who have never wanted to risk the separation surgery, but may just have to or have dire consequences. This book sounds so heart breaking – like tear my heart out and jump on it. But I also think it might be really uplifting and beautiful. I am so eager to read this!
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow – Set in a futuristic world on the brink of war where if you want to rule you have to send your kids to a Preceptures where they will grow up, go to school and learn to gracefully accept that if their parents are a reason a war starts they will be killed. As if I’m going to be able to read a synopsis like that and not need to own it straight away! Sounds amazing and exactly the type of book I want to read!
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy by Alexandra Bracken (written) & Iain Mccaig (illustrated) – this is a graphic novel retelling of Star Wars! HAHA! I have never read a graphic novel, and I’m not that interested in Star Wars, but it’s written by Alexandra Bracken so I’m down!!! I’m sure it’ll be really cool. I’m actually pretty excited to get to this 🙂
- Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy #1) by Rae Carson – A magic realism story about a girl who can sense the presence of gold and who must make a dangerous journey across Gold Rush-ear America. So I don’t usually read historical fiction but I think this one sounds really cool. Plus I’m going to be honest – can you just imagine how BEAUTIFUL that cover is going to be in Hardback. I die!
- Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo – Set in the same world as Leigh Bardugo’s The Grisha series about a criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker who has the opportunity to pull off the biggest heist of his life and make more money then he will ever need. I have never gotten around to finishing The Grisha series but I liked the first two and I’m positive that Six of Crows is going to be amazing since I love a good heist book.
- Zeroes (Zeroes #1) by Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan and Deborah Biacotti – a group of friends all containing less then impressive superpowers have to help Scam out of the whole he’s dug himself. I love the idea of a group of superhero-ish friends – self named the Zeroes – all having unwanted powers. I’m excited to read this one.
- Minotaur by Phillip W. Simpson – The true story of the Minotaur – his childhood, his adventure and his love. Hell YES! I am so down for a book about the life of the Minotaur!