Top Ten Tuesday, everyone’s favourite list maker is brought to us by *drum roll* The Broke and The Bookish *crowd cheers*.
I really like this week’s theme, we’ll be able to look back at it at the end of the year and see how much our favourite books from this year has changed.
1. Trial by Fire (The Worldwalker Trilogy #1) by Josephine Angelini (5 stars) – If I find a book that’s better than Trial by Fire this year I will be so god damn happy, not to mention surprised because Trial by Fire is one of the best books I have read in AGES! Who knows its sequel Firewalker may knock it off its pedestal. (review)
2. = 1. A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Mass (5 stars) – I honestly don’t know in my heart if this should be first?????? It’s to tough to decide so they shall share first position. I just finished this book the other day and I am so glad I can add it to this list because it was just plain AMAZING.
3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (5 stars) – I’d read Attachments and Eleanor & Park by Rainbow before reading Fangirl, so I already knew she was a fantastic author but Fangirl absolutely blew me away. I honestly remember reading it not being able to put it down. (review)
4. Written in Red (The Others #1) by Anne Bishop (5 stars) – I feel like this may may be cheating a bit because this was actually a re-read but this is one of my favourite books!! And this series has definitely become my favourite paranormal romance series probable ever. Written in Red is an amazing book to start a series. (review)
5. A Long, Long, Sleep (UniCorp #1) by Anna Sheehan (4.5 stars) – I loooovvvvved this book!!! I currently have the sequel lined up to read and I can’t wait to get to it. Although its quiet tame in terms of being a sci-fi book, it’s the first sci-fi I’ve ever read and I was so happily surprised that I enjoyed it so much. (review)
6. In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds #3) by Alexandra Bracken (5 stars) – What a perfect ending to an amazing series! The only reason I ever even picked up the first book was because I kept hearing people raving about it and I wanted to know what all the fuss was – and I am so glad I did. These books have to be in my top ten favourite series. They are truly amazing. And this ending was everything you as a reader wanted it to be.
7. Never Fade (The Darkest Minds #2) by Alexandra Bracken (4.5 stars) – Same as above, only this book completely emotionally ruined me and my twisted self-loved it. (review)
8. Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee (4 stars) – Before reading this book I thought that there were no hope for me ever enjoying an angel themed book and then I read this and Voila there is hope! This book is amazing!! I can’t wait to continue the series.
9. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer (4 stars) – I had never read a storytelling retelling until Cinder and omg it opened my eyes to how amazing this genre can be. It sucked me in and I couldn’t get enough. (review)
10. Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1) (4 stars) – This is one hell of a romance. This book made me envious of a fictional characters relationship and that is why it’s on this list. It is a fantastic read. (review)