Lately I’ve been buying more, and more books and my physical TBR pile just keeps growing! To avoid having some books sit on my shelf forever and ever because I just keep reading something that sounds the smidgen bit better, I’ve decided to make a TBR jar and draw out of it each Monday. My jar contains strips of paper with either a) a book title, b) a genre c) reread (an old book off kindle/the shelf I haven’t reviewed).
I came up with a couple of rules so I don’t cheat:
- I’m allowed to draw two strips of paper out of the jar each week and choose which one I’d rather do.
- The book has to be read straight after I finish the current book I’m reading
- I can’t say start another book until I’ve finished the one I drew
- If the same title is drawn and not chosen (out of the two I draw) twice, the third time the title is drawn I HAVE to read it.
- I’m allowed to DNF the book if I truly don’t enjoy it.
I’m excited to do this I think it’ll make the next book a surprise. It’ll also stop me from only reading fantasy/paranormal which I always seem to get blinders on and only read.
OMG I drew The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons it’s like the jar KNOWS my copy STILL hasn’t arrived and is teasing me!! I put that draw back in the jar and then drew both:
Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo
Easy choice! I was going to read Shadow and Bone soon anyways. 🙂